I had such an unbelievable day today. Not unbelievable like I won the lottery or got a call from Ted or anything, but unbelievable in the more subtle, little, everyday-things-that-really-help-me-out-and-make-me-feel-good-about-humankind kinda way. From the minute I woke up, I couldn’t help but get Ice Cube outta my head:
“Just wakin up in the morning gotta thank god, I dunno but today seems kinda odd. No barking from the dog, no smog…”
It’s like shit just fell into place. And that my mojo was in prime optimization territory.
Here’s some of the awesome stuff that happened today:
1) Not only was I able to get my car into a mechanic that was booked solid for two weeks straight, but he fixed my car in two hours, offered to take me to the horse racing track (I know…creepy in theory, but totally un-creepy if you were there), teach me how to drive his ’64 Chevy, and told me three things to look out for with my car to keep me safe (awwwwwww). He was also witty and a total smartass (two of my favorite things). We were both cracking up the whole time.
2) I had a fifteen minute wait at the DMV. FIFTEEN MINUTES PEOPLE!!!! AT THE DMV!!!! Have you ever heard of such a thing?? And the woman that helped me was friendly and giggly and cheerful. I handled a couple things that have been hanging around for months.
3) Zero line at the post office and parking right up front in a lot that NEVER has parking, ever
4) Got spare keys made by this great guy who gave me an extra key because one he previously made didn’t work, then asked me to call him when I got home to make sure the new one worked because he wants to make sure he runs an honest business. I did. He was thankful.
5) Got to joyride around town all day in my bestie’s Beemer.
6) Wrote an article (I’ve been procrastinating on for weeks) for a new relationships blog I write for, and started and finished it in 20 minutes
7) Did laundry
8) Had a STELLAR sales person at the pet store solve the diet problem I’ve been having with my puppy (P.s. I know that came up as a little sunglassed guy but don’t know how to change it…hahah!)
9) Met this amazing woman at the dog park who was STOKED that Coach was there because her puppy likes to play rough and Coach was giving him a run for his money. We became friends.
10) Had a burst of inspiration on a HUGE idea I’m working on with my Coaching friends
11) Had an amazing call with an amazing client
12) And tomorrow, I’m headed out for an adventure (weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)
Today, people were awesome. I told my mechanic he was my new favorite thing in my life, ever. And he gave me a hug and said he appreciated me too because I got, and laughed at his jokes and didn’t get mad when he made fun of me for trying to pretend like I knew what a “solenoid” was.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Feels so good. And it makes me feel like I’m on the right track. First flowers…then THIS!? And I think the lesson here is to be as friendly as possible as often as possible. When you do that, people make room in their schedule for you. And solve your puppy problems. And give you extra keys. And the Universe listens, because I sure as Hell didn’t want to be at the DMV for two hours (like I anticipated).
I made a couple new friends today. If anyone is having trouble with their crank shafts or keys, let me know. I know a guy.
I leave you with one of my favorite songs from the 90’s. Hope yours is a good day.